The Taylor Main Street Program strives to fill all downtown buildings with businesses and residents by prioritizing historic preservation, cultural experiences, community partnerships, and cultivated growth.
Taylor, where experiences are on every block; where you are greeted with a Texas smile; and where growth is cultivated to create a vibrant historic downtown that has something for everyone. To be that place!
In the Heart of The Blackland Prairie
Main Street is downtown revitalization within the context of historical preservation. Taylor has been an active participant in the National Main Street Movement since 1983. Main Street believes that by consistently utilizing the Four PointsTM of Organization, Promotion, Design, and Economic Revitalization, there will be a positive and measurable improvement in the downtown commercial district.
Taylor Main Street envisions a culturally diverse and economically viable downtown which attracts both Taylor citizens and visitors to its unique mix of historic buildings, shops, restaurants, services and old town atmosphere. In order to achieve this vision, the Main Street Program provides the following:
- Texas Downtown Association: Certified Scenic City
- 1999 Best New Construction - Louie Mueller
- 2000 Best Rehabilitation - Investment Centers
- 2001 Best Adaptive Reuse - Hair Trendz of America
- 2002 Best New Construction - 4th Street Station
- 2009 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2010 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2011 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2012 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2013 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2014 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2015 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2016 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2019 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- 2020 Nationally Accredited Main Street Program
- Winner: 2017 Texas Downtown Association | Best Commercial Interior, cities under 50,000 population for both Curb Side Coffee House. Finalist: Main Street Farm 2 Market
As a Main Street America™ Accredited program, Taylor Main Street is a recognized leading program among the national network of more than 1,200 neighborhoods and communities who share both a commitment to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development. All Main Street America™ Accredited programs meet a set of National Accreditation Standards of Performance as outlined by the National Main Street Center.